Retail Merchandiser & Demo Coordinator!
We are currently looking for someone to join our team to lead our retail merchandising and to coordinator our retail demonstrations and serve as a La Criolla brand ambassador!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Monitor customer inventory levels
- Collaborate with customers to create attractive sales floor displays and make sure that our product is prominently displayed
- Act as the liaison between customers and the company by addressing customer issues and solving customer problems
- Stock sales floor shelves for the customers who request additional inventory management assistant
- Work closely with buyers and other merchandisers to plan product ranges
- Meet with suppliers, distributors and analysts
- Manage budgets
- Recommend plans to increase sales in low performing stores
- Set stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate
- Predict sales and profits
- Negotiate quantities and delivery time-scales
Demo Coordinator / Ambassador
- Schedule all the demos for every store either directly or thru the demo ambassadors assigned to each demo
- Assign store demos to each ambassador
- Ensure all demos are being done
- Track performance of ambassadors
- 2+ years experience in grocery store industry
- Established grocery store contacts in the Chicagoland area and can demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is required
- Must be flexible to work nights and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills and a passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Highly organized and responsive to work needs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic math skills and analytical aptitude
This position will be required to travel to various retail locations. Transportation and a valid driver’s licenses is required.
This is a salaried position, base pay $20-25K plus commission.
Retail In-Store Product Demonstrator
We are looking for high-energy and articulate In-Store Product Demonstrators. As a retail in-store product demonstrator, you will be communicating directly with customers as a marketing representative for La Criolla. By showcasing the benefits of La Criolla products, your goal is to encourage trial and boost sales in your assigned stores.
To be successful you must be able to cook the food well and establish a quick rapport with a wide variety of people and communicate in a style that is likable, relatable, and persuasive. You must be respectful when interacting with customers at all times.
You will be responsible for setting up the demonstration station, including a table, signage and grill. You will be required to prepare and cook food, mostly proteins, on site, with the grill. You will be responsible for your own transportation. You will be responsible for scheduling demos with the store managers on the days requested by La Criolla. You will also be responsible for providing demo reports on products sold and what you heard from customers during the demos, in addition to providing your own invoices.
- Retail in-store product demonstration experience is required
- Food Safety Certification is required
- Cooking experience is required
- Prior experience in a position with direct customer contact is extremely desirable
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Ideally, bilingual, both Spanish and English
- Education: High school or equivalent required
Retail in-store product demonstrators must be prepared to travel, drive, and engage in considerable physical activity. You must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lift and move products, and use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration.
The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States without sponsorship