Recipe makes about 4-5 servings
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready in: 35 min
- 2 pounds ground beef (we recommend 80% lean and 20% fat)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons La Criolla olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons La Criolla minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon La Criolla ground black pepper
- 12 small buns
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced in 1/8 inch-thick rounds
- 2 small red onions, sliced in 1/8 inch-think rounds
- Ketchup to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the mustard, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix gently with a fork to combine, taking care not to compress the ingredients. Shape the meat into 12 (2-inch) patties of equal size and thickness.
- Place the rolls in the oven to warm.
- In a heavy frying pan over medium heat, cook the patties, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Split the warm rolls in half horizontally and arrange the roll bases, cut side up, on a work surface. Top each base with a beef patty and the toppings of your choice. Cover with the roll tops, arrange on a warmed platter and serve immediately.