Serving Size: 3-5 people
- Grated zest of one lime (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 cup lime juice (from about 4-6 Persian limes)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- Several sprigs of fresh mint
- La Criolla fruit seasoning for glass rimming
- In a small saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, one cup of water, and the lime zest. Once the sugar is dissolved (which it should be by the time the water boils), remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. The amount of sugar is a guideline, it depends on how sweet you like your limeade and how tart your particular limes are.
- Place a strainer over a bowl, or wide-mouthed serving container, and pour the sugar syrup through it, straining out the lime zest. Add the lime juice and 2 cups of water. Taste for sour/sweet balance. If too sweet, add a little more lime juice. Add several sprigs of fresh mint.
- Chill, or serve immediately over ice.
****To Rim your glass****
- Take a lemon/lime wedge and rub it on the rim of the glass
- Pour La Criolla fruit seasoning on a small plate
- Twist the rim in the seasoning