Yield: 5-10 people. (Serving size: 1 slice)
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon La Criolla vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon La Criolla cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 12-ounce package of fresh cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon La Criolla cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup La Criolla cinnamon with sugar
- Preheat oven 350 F. Fit 10×15 baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk whip egg white until fluffy. Slowly add one cup of granulated sugar, whipping on high until stiff peaks form
- Add yolks one at a time while mixing on speed 2, then slowly add in flour and baking powder. Increase whip to speed 3 and add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour batter onto prepared baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake emerges clean.
- Remove cake from pan and place top side down over a clean moist kitchen towel. Carefully remove parchment paper, then roll cake in towel. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine 1 cup water and cornstarch with 1 cup granulated sugar. Whisk until corn starch and sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries and cayenne to saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, until cranberries pop and a thick jelly forms. Set aside to cool.
- In stand mixer using washed and dried bowl and whisk, cream butter with cream cheese on speed 2. Increase to speed 4 until fluffy.
- Lower to speed 2 and add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Once all sugar is incorporated add 2 tbsp cranberry jelly. Increase to speed 4 and whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Unroll cake. Spread cranberry jelly on cake up to 1/2 inch from the edge. Tightly roll cake, cut off 1/2 inch of ends and frost with cranberry cream cheese frosting.