Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound La Criolla fideo pasta, any variety
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk, fat-free
- 1/4 cup La Criolla olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- La Criolla ground black pepper, to taste
- La Criolla adobo, to taste
- La Criolla complete seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded, ribbed, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, ribbed, and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup La Criolla black olives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stir with a wooden spoon, and cook until tender but not mushy, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, place in a large bowl and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the evaporated milk, oil, feta, cilantro, lime juice, black pepper, adobo and complete seasoning in a blender. Puree until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Place the drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the ham, bell peppers, peas, onions, jicama and olives. Pour the dressing over the pasta and gently mix it into the salad.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving.